Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Software for old CNC milling machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I have an old Colinbus Profiler milling machine, but the original ColiDrive software for controlling the machine is not working very well on my present setup and the company does not exist anymore. Does anyone know if a third party software can be used to control the machine directly?

Otherwise the next best option is to either write the software myself (if the interface can be easily figured out) or build a new controller for the 3 stepper motors.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

You have many current options from the El-Cheapo Mach3 to Kmotion, Linux cnc and quite a few others, if it uses steppers then it is not very sophisticated controller.
One site which specializes in this is the CNCzone.
Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back