Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So, what did happen to all that warmth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is absolutely clear that global temperature may increase again.

The UK Met Office says that warming is set to resume (Source: caption from above link)

But then again, it may continue to decrease. What is for sure is that something will change. My forecast is free, as always.

John

Global Warming is a scam (ask the friends of Stan Meyers). Was skeptical when Al Gore won the Nobel Prize, but with Obama winning one too... The temperature has always changed, some years worse than others. Occasionally, we get some extreme changes, but it corrects itself eventually. It's nothing we tiny humans did/doing, it's just natural.

Now, if we could find some way to effect the global temperature, it would be an escalating battle, which we would of course lose, and Al Gore's doom predictions would come true. And it would be our fault...

Today I heard a lecture on global worming. Both speakers said they did not believe in global worming and said they have been threatened with firing if they said what they think.

Today I heard a lecture on global worming. Both speakers said they did not believe in global worming and said they have been threatened with firing if they said what they think.
Been there done that. Got the Tee-Shirt!
**broken link removed**

The scam comes from the warming denyers. They use junk science to dispute real, hard science that has confirmed global warming. There is no record ever that shows such a drastic rise in global temperatures, and catastrophic effects; more frequent and violent stroms, retreating artic ice flows, etc.

So, I'm guessing they've been fired???

Global warming is real.

It caused the end of the last Ice Age some 10K years ago.

Gore says global warming is caused by human activity. Archeologists say human activity is the result of global warming.

It continues as we speak.

I can't help noticing that they have stopped calling it 'global warming' entirely (as it's not getting any warmer), but have changed the name to 'climate change' instead.

I can't help noticing that they have stopped calling it 'global warming' entirely (as it's not getting any warmer), but have changed the name to 'climate change' instead.

Climate change seems a more appropriate term. As the globe warms it will affect the glacial ice in Greenland and the freshwater of the melting ice caps will dilute the salinity of the Atlantic, and in turn will reduce the effectiveness of the Gulf stream. A reduced Gulf stream will cause a major cooling, especially in the UK. The whole system seems to be a closed loop system, much like a PLL, once the cooling takes place the ice caps should stop the melting, and the system should be brought back into equilibrium.

Perhaps the global loop time constant is large and response is slow.

Last edited:
Forecasters are predicting that within 10 years the arctic ice sheet will melt during the summer months, leaving a open water seaway for shipping.

Source: todays TV newscast

So the question is, after the ice sheets melt, how long will it take to shut off the gulf stream and reverse the process?

It doesn't reverse the process. The world continues to get warmer. The cooling due to the ceasage of warm Atlantic stream will be localized.

Global warming was supposed to slow and then stop the ocean conveyor current that brings the warm water to the UK.

3v0

That's not all! Global warming is also slowed by arabic countries towing glaciers from the polar regions to their countries for drinking water. :(

WWIII will not take place for political power or territory. It will take place fighting for water! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Despite that, the Gulf stream (ocean conveyor) will stop only if we can manage to blow up our beautiful blue planet. :mad:

Hans

The scam comes from the warming denyers. They use junk science to dispute real, hard science that has confirmed global warming. There is no record ever that shows such a drastic rise in global temperatures, and catastrophic effects; more frequent and violent stroms, retreating artic ice flows, etc.

Pshaw! (Says the message is too short) Pshaw!

You know there saying it's going to get colder now for maybe the next 10 years then start
to get hot agin.

Funny thing about the article. It says the hottest year on record was in 1998. (true) Then it goes on to suggest that things have since cooled down, and in no year since has the temperature been especially warm. It ignors the very fact that, although the temperature has not exceeded the 1998 record, years since have been very warm.

Here are the top 10 hottest years on record:

1998 - 32.94 degrees Fahrenheit (0.52 degrees Celsius)
2005 - 32.86 degrees Fahrenheit (0.48 degrees Celsius)
2003 - 32.83 degrees Fahrenheit (0.46 degrees Celsius)
2002 - 32.83 degrees Fahrenheit (0.46 degrees Celsius)
2004 - 32.77 degrees Fahrenheit (0.43 degrees Celsius)
2006 - 32.76 degrees Fahrenheit (0.42 degrees Celsius)
2007 - 32.74 degrees Fahrenheit (0.41 degrees Celsius)
2001 - 32.72 degrees Fahrenheit (0.40 degrees Celsius)
1997 - 32.65 degrees Fahrenheit (0.36 degrees Celsius)
1995 - 32.5 degrees Fahrenheit (0.28 degrees Celsius)

Top 10 Hottest Years On Record | Natural Environment Blog

That sort of ommission is the very junk science I've been writing about.

Last edited:
1998 0.52 degrees Celsius ????????????????

Hot ????????????????????

That's just half a degree above freezing.

Doesn't sound like the best source for information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back