Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So, what did happen to all that warmth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty much the point I'm trying to get across too tcmtech, I just get irrateable every time someone gets all doom and gloom, and overly serious about the whole business when so much of it is still up in the air. Anyone that doesn't think we're trying to do something about is obviously spending too much time reading these reports and not enough reading the news. Green is good for business by large and far, and even big industry does have a conscience, if for no other reason than to reduce litigation.

As many users here may well know I'm relatively opinionated and get irritated at 'little things' like this every now and again. I think I have a few black marks on my reputation from my rants =) Although I'd like to think I occasionally strike a chord with other people, this may not be one of those moments.

Last edited:
Man, can they read my mind or what =)
Sci/Tech - Google News
We won't even find out how right I am for another few hundred years <chuckle>

Today I heard a lecture on global worming. Both speakers said they did not believe in global worming and said they have been threatened with firing if they said what they think.

personally I don't beleive that, they are obviously reliving roswell and trying in their tiny sick minds to to think that they are the important people they are trying to make out, poor darlings making money on lies !

I can't help noticing that they have stopped calling it 'global warming' entirely (as it's not getting any warmer), but have changed the name to 'climate change' instead.

thats actually quite accurate when I went to italy to live we would have 3 months of no rain wondering how we would water plants, now it rains all summer and no I didn't imagine it, it HAS HAPPENED I watched the weather pattern change over 15 years !

Yes, Mother Earth will eventually make the weather so bad, it will kill off the infection causing the problem. A global fever if you will.

Too bad we're the infection.

precisely, nature will take its course: destroy us

Perhaps Mother Nature does have a mechanism to control adverse infestations. With that in mind, one might think that humans should consider being less parasitic and more symbiotic.

True enough global warming isn't so much an issue. Population density is a big hot button though. Look how well they're containing the H1N1 virus. Right now we can kind of manage if something nasty really hit, but at some point when population density and overall population hit a certain point there is no practical way to control even simple infectious diseases.

True enough global warming isn't so much an issue. Population density is a big hot button though. Look how well they're containing the H1N1 virus. Right now we can kind of manage if something nasty really hit, but at some point when population density and overall population hit a certain point there is no practical way to control even simple infectious diseases.

well for the UK two solutions: Stop letting imigrants in, stop giving child benefit to people, all we do is build houses in the UK, I thuink we will see the day when the UK is one giant town, so stop letting people in and stop incentivating people to have children because it makes them money and they will only be wasteful and useless brats that won't care for climate change anyhow ! haresh ? NO factual and to the point !

There is one thing that climate skeptics continually ignore, probably because they are too stupid to understand, and that is 'Latent Heat'. If you haven't heard of it then I suggest you look it up.
Basically it means that the ice caps are cooling the planet WHILE THEY ARE MELTING.
This is how an ice chest keeps your beer cold, but only until all your ice melts.
Because of its "Latent Heat" properties, ice takes around 80 times the energy transfer to melt than it did to freeze.
When sufficient ice cap has melted the global temperature will soar. The Gulf stream will fail and northern Europe will return to the temperature applicable to its latitude.
London is roughly the same latitude as Newfoundland so expect cold dry air for a couple of thousand years. So much for agriculture.
The cretins who claimed to represent humanity at Copenhagen have doomed the world to a slow death by starvation.
BTW. The largest consumer of petroleum products in the WORLD is the US military. Perhaps this is another attempt to get rid of "terrorists"; they'll all eventually starve.

It takes exactly the same amount of energy to freeze water as it does to melt it. Otherwise we'd be able to generate unlimited amounts of energy by freezing and melting ice. Think about it =)

There is one thing that climate skeptics continually ignore, probably because they are too stupid to understand, and that is 'Latent Heat'. If you haven't heard of it then I suggest you look it up.
Basically it means that the ice caps are cooling the planet WHILE THEY ARE MELTING.
This is how an ice chest keeps your beer cold, but only until all your ice melts.
Because of its "Latent Heat" properties, ice takes around 80 times the energy transfer to melt than it did to freeze.
When sufficient ice cap has melted the global temperature will soar. The Gulf stream will fail and northern Europe will return to the temperature applicable to its latitude.
London is roughly the same latitude as Newfoundland so expect cold dry air for a couple of thousand years. So much for agriculture.
The cretins who claimed to represent humanity at Copenhagen have doomed the world to a slow death by starvation.
BTW. The largest consumer of petroleum products in the WORLD is the US military. Perhaps this is another attempt to get rid of "terrorists"; they'll all eventually starve.

Wow, I thought the warmers were supposed to understand the science better than this.

Or the thermodynamics of phase change.:rolleyes:

Phase Changes The inconvenient truth of how water changes from solid to liquid to gas and its relative energy level per unit of mass required to make those changes.:)

The reason so many skeptics are so skeptical now is because we have learned from the now countless and continuing examples that so many of the global warming and climate change believers are continually making up such ridiculous nonsense, which has no scientific or reality based foundation, that we feel the need to go and learn about what it is that they are talking about so that we can then find the truth behind how it really works and to what scale it fits into.
Unfortunately find out (that once more) obviously someone apparently never bothered to look to see if that nonsense they where spouting off was even true let alone actually fit into the planetary scale and reality of how things work. :(
Yet at the same time (because we did some basic reading and research) we are now given more real facts based science information which just gives more credit to what we already had suspected while once again further discrediting what the believers told us. :)

As seen here.

80:1 ratio?
So now should that mean its going to happen 80 times faster? or 80 times slower by your estimates? :confused:

We skeptics would happily believe provided you believers would only just give us real information that we can use and confirm that actually fits into the grand scale of how the planet works! :(
Calling us the bad guys for backing up our beliefs with solid proven science and reasoning while you continually get caught making up lies and spreading grossly inaccurate information based on high levels of exaggeration of real events just doesn't seem like a practical winning strategy as we see it.:(

But hey it helps us to score more points and to look even better when you make points in the wrong basket! ;)

:D GO BELIEVERS! GO! :D

the basic concept is right, so stop knocking it the lot of you, yes it sounds odd that you need more power to melt than to freeze but ultimately when the ice caps melt we have lost our climate control, if you have a glass of water with ice cubes in it, it will be 0 degrees until the ice melts, then it will climb to room temperature. but of course we can't apply basic concept can we now no, so we shout "foul" !!!

the basic concept is right, so stop knocking it the lot of you, yes it sounds odd that you need more power to melt than to freeze but ultimately when the ice caps melt we have lost our climate control, if you have a glass of water with ice cubes in it, it will be 0 degrees until the ice melts, then it will climb to room temperature. but of course we can't apply basic concept can we now no, so we shout "foul" !!!

And? The reverse is true. If you have a room temperature glass of water without ice cubes in it, and put it in a sub-zero environment, it will reach 0 degrees C and remain at that temperature until frozen solid. Doesn't change the fact that the same energy is required to freeze it as melt it.

Yes as I said it make sence that it requires the same amount of energy to go either way.

people don't look far enough into the future, when the ice is gone, its gone, we will have runaway effects

Yes as I said it make sence that it requires the same amount of energy to go either way.

people don't look far enough into the future, when the ice is gone, its gone, we will have runaway effects

So water will never be able to refreeze? Man, CO2 really effs stuff up doesn't it? How does that work?, I mean, the part about the ice being gone with no chance of refreezing....

it won't refreeze if the earth keeps warming no and as its not there to melt it won't hold the north and south pole at 0 but they will keep rising as the rest of the world will, if the climate cools again they will refreeze

Due to the fact that the climate scientists have been cooking the books we have no idea if it's warming or cooling.

However, a huge amount of ice melts each spring and adds a huge amount of energy to the system. Melt ice, release energy. Unfortunately, for the GW guys, it keeps refreezing each winter. You would think that if we release this much latent heat then there would be a feed back effect and the planet would never recover.

Thunderchild, you should read the leaked emails. They may change your mind.

Mike.

where do I find these leaked emails then ? I only know that the climate is not only warming but changing, we get spring sooner and so do all the other seasons follow sooner or we get disproportionate length seasons. I've seen this happen and experienced the difficulty in trying to grow vegetables in TWO different countries, I'm afraid its not scare mongering, things are changing, basically we love our wasteful life too much. makes us feel important to waste and guess what most people want ?: to be important/have power. After all "it won't happen in my time so who gives a........."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back