Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So tell us how to......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippie

Following on from the noob thread about the youngsters and the michael taking about replies from the 'older' generations among us...

I've just been posting in a thread where a question was asked about a programmer that could be found that didnt require zener diodes to function...

Various posts were made with one in particular claiming that a particular pic had been programmed without zeners, but with just a bit of wire...So how does that help the op?

Tell us all so we can all learn.......

I joined here back in 2003....posted a bit but then the 'atmosphere' here got to apoint where I didnt feel welcome...So I excused myself...

6 years on...things are getting back to where they were...
I know I'm 6 years older than I was then and 6 years wiser....

I ponder.....

The poster wanted to build a PIC programmer, has no access to Zeners (but since no location was stated we can only guess what's available to him) I'm surprised he can get PICs but not Zeners.

IMO offering alternative advice may be helpful maybe not but all advice can be ignored.

When I'm on my cellphone it's tough to post links. I did say search Eric Stolz site for a 3 resistor version.

Last edited:
In my view if you are in a location where you can find PICs, but not zener diodes then you should abandon electronics and take up Art History.

I joined here back in 2003....posted a bit but then the 'atmosphere' here got to apoint where I didnt feel welcome...So I excused myself...

Sorry to hear that. Is it better now? I think there's some pretty smart people in here who display alot of patience. But that's just me.

I think there's some pretty smart people in here who display alot of patience. But that's just me.

Are you considering yourself a smart one or a patient one? :confused::D

The air around here changes from week to week from what I have seen. And I dont understand the lack of zener diode availability either. I order electronics parts from all over the world. I get stuff from places I have never even heard of some times.
If your on this planet you can get anything if your willing to pay the shipping. ;)

Neither. Heh! I consider myself the curious one.
Then you can stay and contribute! :)
As long as you dont try to be one of the know it all ones I will be happy!;)

Awww... thanks man! ;) I don't know everthing, but I do know some things. Some of these guys will design, simulate or even prototype a circuit to help some else out. I prob won't go much further than to propose a circuit topology to help someone get over a hump or get started. Heck, they have to do some of their own work. Or I will help someone analyze their circuit for issues or thoery of operation. My gift is a basic understand of electronic principles, but I'm not up on the newest wiz-bang IC's and devices. That's what I'm here to learn about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back