Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SNES with CRT tv input issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

peppersmith45

I'm hoping someone can help me solve a problem here, forgive me if this isn't the right forum. I have two Super Nintendo consoles (one American and one Japanese version) that I've been testing with different TVs because of a controller input issue. The input issue is the shoulder buttons will activate while pressing other buttons, i.e. weapons will switch in Mega Man X while dashing or shooting. I have no input issues with any HDTVs I've tried, but I've tried 4 different CRT tvs and only 1 of them was free of this input issue. Is there anyone who can explain to me why this might be occurring and if there are any solutions to it? Thanks in advanced

It appears to be a transient pulse on contact sensor ( carbon type switch?)

Most likely the common mode noise on the CRT TV connection is worse.

Get a large ferrite clam-shell choke for controller cable or video cable to TV to get rid of stray CM noise. VGA cables always have these.

Check ground connection to power outlet to Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back