Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltock

Hi. i need a diagram over an smps, the input set to 9V from an 9V battery to +5V/500mA and -5V/200mA on the output, and i use an mc34063a? could anyone help?

Hi. i need a diagram over an smps, the input set to 9V from an 9V battery to +5V/500mA and -5V/200mA on the output, and i use an mc34063a? could anyone help?

a common 9V battery shouldn't be used for applications above 100mA. At 100% efficiency, the combined 700mA you are asking for at 5v will be almost 400mA.

For +5V use LM2596
For -5V....use a DCDC module or a coupled Cuk converter, using an offthe shelf coupled inductor such as the Coilcraft range. Do it with say a UCC28C43 for the Cuk controller...and invert your negative going feedback divider with an inverting opamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back