Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMPS boost converter help FET question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome...

Well lately I have been working on a PCB design for some TDA7293s in parallel mode. I am thinking of using 2 of my peerless hds to provide a 4 ohm load, the amp will be used in two possible ways, either it is plugged into AC mains to power a 300VA transformer I already have or I can switch it to battery mode and keep a good limit on power output so that the battery used doesn't get pushed past it's limits. Even with a bit less output the one peerless hds is pretty loud. I have used this driver on 10w rms before and it is surprising so with two on a little more power it would work great portable or I can plug it in when applicable.

As far as buffer transistors for the gate goes, I have these to-92 bjts that I bought a while back that will handle I think 500ma or so. I forgot the model number and specs I have to look for the bags but I will probly use them. They are a 2N style tranny. I am going to ook for them in a few minutes. I may build the enclosure today and then move onto the electronics tomarrow again.

Excellent, show us some pics when done.

Excellent, show us some pics when done.

I have finished my enclosure a while back but I haven't finished constructing and testing my circuit in an AC supply. I have the PCB design finished that I want to use but I am a bit new to printing my own PCB patterns etc...I was using presensitized boards but I hate doing it that way so I bought an actual laser/toner printer yesterday and I am going to etch today. I have etched a good looking board a while back using the light sensitive method I hate but it required way too many jumpers and I got tired of aking sure which vias jumped to which etc...headache. My new PCB layout seems to be nicer and uses a bit less jumps. I am obviously using single sided copper btw hence all the jumping.

I will have it built tomarrow and show pics etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back