Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smoke Detector Chirper Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Migs

Amigos:

Does anyone know the right name for a smoke detector's "chirping" speaker. More importantly, does anyone know where to buy these loud things?

Thanks in advance,

Migs

Wow Harvey .. That was FAST!

Thanks! -Migs

Here is the simple oscillator inside a piezo beeper. It has positive feedback from a terminal on the piezo so it oscillates at the loudest frequency and the resonance of the small cover is tuned to the resonance of the piezo wafer.

Attachments

• piezo beeper.PNG
    piezo beeper.PNG
    5.8 KB · Views: 470
audioguru said:
Here is the simple oscillator inside a piezo beeper. It has positive feedback from a terminal on the piezo so it oscillates at the loudest frequency and the resonance of the small cover is tuned to the resonance of the piezo wafer.

Cool, I have a few 3 wire elements, but never knew what to do with them. No cover, guess I could poke a hole in a beer cap, about the same size if I remember right...

Wow Harvey .. That was FAST!

Thanks! -Migs

Audioguru:

Will that circuit work with the item HarveyH42 linked above?

Migs

Hi Migs,
The simple circuit I posted is already inside the cheap beeper that Harvey showed. All you need to do is apply a DC voltage to it and it makes a continuous beep.

Thanks Uncle Scrooge! -Migs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back