Smoke Detector Chirper Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Migs

Amigos:

Does anyone know the right name for a smoke detector's "chirping" speaker. More importantly, does anyone know where to buy these loud things?

Thanks in advance,

Migs

Here is the simple oscillator inside a piezo beeper. It has positive feedback from a terminal on the piezo so it oscillates at the loudest frequency and the resonance of the small cover is tuned to the resonance of the piezo wafer.

Attachments

• piezo beeper.PNG
    5.8 KB · Views: 474
audioguru said:
Here is the simple oscillator inside a piezo beeper. It has positive feedback from a terminal on the piezo so it oscillates at the loudest frequency and the resonance of the small cover is tuned to the resonance of the piezo wafer.

Cool, I have a few 3 wire elements, but never knew what to do with them. No cover, guess I could poke a hole in a beer cap, about the same size if I remember right...

Audioguru:

Will that circuit work with the item HarveyH42 linked above?

Migs

Hi Migs,
The simple circuit I posted is already inside the cheap beeper that Harvey showed. All you need to do is apply a DC voltage to it and it makes a continuous beep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…