Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMD electronic component GD S02

Status
Not open for further replies.

2PAC Mafia

Hello,

I´m trying to find information about this component, it has 4 pins, one in one side and 3 in the other. I guess it has to do with power conversion or may be power protection. Can anyone find the datasheet or tell me where I can find the SMD table when the component is marked with such a code to know the real reference of the component?

Thanks.

Hello,

the only part number I have is GD S02 which is written on the body of the component. You can see the picture...

Attachments

• Zona dañada RIM GD S02.jpg
    Zona dañada RIM GD S02.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 193
2PAC Mafia said:
Hello,

the only part number I have is GD S02 which is written on the body of the component. You can see the picture...

An in-focus picture might help :)

But it's a small power transistor, no idea if it's NPN or PNP, or even an FET?. SM parts are very difficult to identify. Assuming this one is faulty?, is there another you could test to see what it is?.

Hello,

I think this is better, my camera is not a good one, sorry. It´s a simetrical circuit I guess so if you see on the right side there is the same component. The component is damaged, that´s sure because it exploted for some reason.

The picture is not from the damaged module. I have 2 other modules also damaged but from another place in the module, I guess in the MPU block, the strange thing is that on each module the component has a different letters on it, GD S15, GD S02 and GD S93, so it´s very confusing.

Attachments

• Entrada voltaje RIM COB 15-01.jpg
    Entrada voltaje RIM COB 15-01.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 173
I think the only chance you have is cooperation from the board manufacturer. Many IC's are also private labeled for large purchasers to frustrate people like yourself who want to repair and reuse such boards.

Hello,

then I have no chance going on that way, no cooperation is possible...

Thanks anyway.

Hello,

I removed the ones from the other boards and it seems to be a diod because only 2 pins are connected to the conductive printed lines and the measurement is 0.5 more or less in one way in diod test mode. Does it help you to find the exact properties or datasheet of the component?

It could well be a diode. it might help to trace out the board and construct a schematic - at least in relation to the mystery device. then the device's purpose *MIGHT* become clear. that's what I have done in the past when faced with a similar need.

The package is either SOT-89 or SOT-223 and could be a voltage regulator or power transistor. I have never seen a diode in that package. The odd lead is normally common with the center lead on the other side, and will be the collector or drain if it is a transistor. If the other two leads measure as diode to the center lead, it is a bipolar transistor. If the other two leads measure open to each other, it is likley a mosfet. I have not measured a voltage regulator, so don't know what to expect there.

The module is very complex, this board is like an interface board between another MPU board which I think has some problem and makes these 2 components burnt and also interface with a display board. It´s the easiest one among them but it´s everything in SMD and multilayer so a little bit crazy to create a drawing.

There are two of these components because the module has 2 inputs for main and emergency power supply and after a few power protection components both power supplies get into one...

The short or problem must be after this common line, I would say on the MPU board, may be on a DC/DC converter there but not checked, that burns both simetrical components, one for main power and the other for emergency power.

Only 2 pins of the component are connected on the board and that´s the reason I think it´s a diod, also the measurement of this 2 pins is like a diod. I would say they are there to protect the inversion of polarity but I don´t know the characteristics to find the same ones with same package, yes the package is really strange to be a diod...

by the way, are you sure there aren't leads/vias under the chip? have you de-soldered the part?

Yes, I desoldered the part, no leads/vias under the component...

It could be a transistor, I don´t know, but the behavieur and the measurements are like a diod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back