Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smart Socket Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananasiong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aALCX3Ne8XA

This project was done 2 months ago, named Smart Socket Switch.
It can turn on or off two different main socket switch independently, wireless. Besides, count down timer is also another feature of it.
The 7-segment displays display the time left. If the time is zero (00:00), user can turn on or off the receivers directly from the transmitter. The LEDs indicate which receiver is controlled.
When the countdown time is less than one hour, the 7-segment displays will display Minute:Second, otherwise, it will display Hour:Minute. There are also 2 LEDs to indicate whether it is Minute:Second or Hour:Minute.
The keypad light will be turned off when no button is pressed for 5 seconds for power saving.

Sorry for the poor video quality :D
Sorry for the masking tape on them, I used it to label the buttons and the LEDs to make my lecturers easier in testing the project during project demo. But they never even touched it, maybe because the supply is from the main :D

Nice project. What form of wireless control? Is this the old carrier current method or actual RF wireless and on what band? We all already know all about 7-segments so tells use more on the communication aspect. The datastream filter and device addressing. You got any proprietary self made protocals or are you using some standard protocal like X-10, Bluetooth, 802.X, Wii, Cell phones... Is the RF modules self made, dedicated ICs, or RF+microcontroller combo ICs.

I'm using TLP434 RF module. I bought 2 pairs. Used different codes for different receivers. I was using PIC16F873A. This is my first project involving PIC, learned from Nigel's page. Thanks :)

Hi it looks good to me.

In the receiving socket switches did you add two transformers inside (one each)? How big is your relay?

An additional feature! When the both counters running can you STOP a desired one receiving socket switch immediately by the control socket switch?

Also can you SHIFT your segment display while both counters running & see how many time left for other receiving socket switch to turn OFF/ON?

Sorry for asking much more :rolleyes:

:D
Ya, there is 9 V transformer for each of them. It is a 12 V huge relay.
An additional feature! When the both counters running can you STOP a desired one receiving socket switch immediately by the control socket switch?
What do you mean? Both the receivers can be controlled independently. So I can turn on whichever I want with or without the countdown timer.
Also can you SHIFT your segment display while both counters running & see how many time left for other receiving socket switch to turn OFF/ON?
Yes, There are 2 LEDs for indicating which timer/receiver. When the LED of timer1/receiver1 is on, the 7-segment display shows the time left for timer1, and vice versa. So, both LED will not light on simultaneously :)
Sorry for asking much more
I posted it here to be asked :)

These are two pictures that I capture recently.
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Attachments

• In.jpg
    In.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 770
  • Out.jpg
    Out.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 704
audioguru said:
Hi Banana,
You made a very nice project.
I wanted to record one more clearer video for it, but I have no time to fix it :( Besides, I borrowed one pair of RF module to my friend already.

hi , i want to operate a pusher placed on one side of the conveyor belt using a solenoid valve. i wan to know that how is this thing gonna work ??

also i wanna ask that it is better to use a solenoid valve or a dc motor to operate a pusher on a conveyor belt. the amount of displacement to be provided with the pusher is around 1 ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back