Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smart card reader/writer using JDM Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

manish12

I recently devlope the multi programmer for PIC ,after some bugs it is ok .
Now , i am using IC-PROG software for the same [ more chip get varified with this ] , basically it is a jDM programmer so winprog is also applicable [ with this less chip get varified , may be my prob. / hw prob].

After this i try/go for smart card but suitable information is not found about pin dia. at last got some idea about connection but still CLK pin missing.

can i know the exact procedure for r/w for smart card ? from you.
is there adapter required ?

There is 24xx adapter which is not using clk pin , i try this for 24xx chip.
if it is ok , it can be ready for you if it required [ inyour solution].

i know all primary data , you can assume !

Nigel Goodwin sir expected.

Only some smart cards contain PIC's, other contain different devices - of the PIC ones many also contain an I2C EEPROM. However, the EEPROM isn't externally accessible, you need to write a program to run in the PIC that copies the required data to the EEPROM.

The only hardware required is a card socket wired to your PIC programmer, plus an external colck (to make the PIC run) if you want to write to the EPROM.

EPE did a full project not too long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back