Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

smallest Walkie Talkie one can make

Status
Not open for further replies.

akstiw1

Hello friends i want to make a walkie talkie as small as possible,please help me in finding the required circuit

are you talking about a microscopic walkie talkie, like the worlds smallest one or do you want a holdable but small one?

small enough to fit a watch size

are you talking about a microscopic walkie talkie, like the worlds smallest one or do you want a holdable but small one?

He thanx for reply,I only want it to be small enough to fit a normal watch(empty),if u know the exact ckt for such walkie talkie plz tell me.

Will you power your miniature walkie-talkie with a miniature nuclear reactor? Becase a tiny button cell watch battery might last only a few seconds powering the radio transmitter. It might last a few minutes powering the radio receiver.

i am only giving the size of the walkie talkie,only if it is possible i would think of the power ,I might end up using it attachd to my belt etc

Unfortunately I do not think that this will be possible unless you work at a microelectronics factory. It is something very few people will be able to ever do. what about buying walkie talkie watches?

I bought a walkie talkie in a watch 15 years ago. It transmitted about 25 metres and the batteries lasted about 10 hours. It had a separate battery (2) from the watch. It just used surface-mount components and a piezo diaphragm for the speaker.

Last edited:
I can talk to a person who is only 25m away. Why bother using a walkie-talkie?

My small FRS radios fit in my hand or in my pocket, have a range of at least 0.8km and their rechargeable Ni-MH battery lasts a long time before needing recharging. They were inexpensive.

Attachments

• FRS radios.JPG
    FRS radios.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 912
I bought some for about 25€, 3Km range in optimal conditions, nihm battery that out lasts my cell phone.

is this for a school project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back