Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

small question about Ohm's law

Status
Not open for further replies.
luisgerman said:
Your stupidity goes beyond all my expectations
(Bothered by such a simple task)

I don't see why people here should do primary school arithmetic for other people? - I pointed out he was in error, so he would know to look further.

I also suggest you don't be rude to moderators!.

WTFingF is with some people?! :confused: Everybody knows that geeks and nerds tend to have lower social skills, but this sort of pointless and repeated flaming is just ridiculous.

Re the question and the matter of answering it, I'd agree with HiTech here: it's not just doing the maths but having a decent sense of how to apply it. I think that sort of thing comes with practice, and when you're new it's easy to slip up.

Tronicbrain: You saw that the actual resistance value was correct at least, the problem was just that R4 will dissipate more power than it is rated for. HOWEVER, you could replace R4 with 4 resistors of the same type: 2 in series, in parallel with another 2 in series. That set of resistors would have the same total resistance (50:eek:hm: ), but could dissipate 4x as much power. (unless I'm more sleep-deprived than I realise!)

So anyway, you could make this whole 30:eek:hm: network of resistors you're describing with 7 instead of 4 (I presume you understand how), and it would AFAICT be ok. Whether or not it's worth the bother and circuit space is up to you :D Perhaps it's a hypothetical question instead of a practical one though. :)

Nigel Goodwin said:
I don't see why people here should do primary school arithmetic for other people? - I pointed out he was in error, so he would know to look further.

I also suggest you don't be rude to moderators!.

So, people can't be rude to you because your a moderator, but you can be rude to kids trying to learn about electronics?

Go cry to someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back