Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small Motor For Robots

Status
Not open for further replies.

senem

Hi,
I try to find a small motor for driving little robots. (Dimensions should be small and voltage should be low for motor because I will use little battary for it ). How can I find the motor like that?
Thank you.

A lot of small radio control toys are using miniature DC motors built by the Sun Motor Technology Group based in China/Hong Kong. Remarkably inexpensive and a £10 toy submarine will contain two motors, plus one gets a low power/short range radio control circuit.

Worth a look just to see these small models compared next to the single AA battery that powers them.
**broken link removed**

Hi. I'm new here. Thought I might as well start off by being useful. Kind of. Maybe. Probably not...

Anyway, I've just started playing about with robotics, and have ordered various bits and bobs to experiment with. Some of those bits and bobs are a selection of little 3v motors that I want to try out to see how they compare. Since I haven't got them yet, I can't proffer much info about them, but here's a couple of links for you to take a look yourself.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I suspect that buying motors at £0.28 - £0.45 each (less for bulk orders) would be an order of magnitude or so more economical than buying toys to rip them out of. You might have to hunt down a local supplier though, if you're not in the UK.

Also, if anyone knows of a UK supplier of pager motors, could you drop me a line? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back