Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small load cells from kitchen scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

I am looking for some small load cells around 10m/m dia(prob a bit optimistic) from some kitchen scales or such ,, Has anyone bought these cheap from ebay ect and recovered some parts successfully ,, I am looking for a couple for a project iam working on ,,Have found a few scales for sale on fleabay but not sure if they all have the load cells in them

Thanks

Bernie

Just about any digital type scale should have the strain gauge(s) you are looking for. You also may find this video interesting and informative. While I have not hacked a scale or harvested parts it should be relatively easy to do. I have worked pretty extensively with strain gauges which is what I believe you are after. The strain gauge being the heart of the load cell.

Ron

Thanks ron

But i am thinking more like a button cell ,, I should just buy one of the cheap chinese scales and pull it to bits

I know you can buy just the button cell but $$$ scary
I will continue in my quest for said cell hehe

Thanks

Bernie

Hi Bernie

I doubt you will find a button type load cell in a simple scale. I use a good deal of button, pancake and other load cells at work. Yeah, tell me about the cost. :) Especially when you get into names like Lebow/Honeywell.

Cheaper Chinese made load cells are starting to turn up. I don't know of any specifically but there must be some button versions out there. What exactly are you trying to make or get done?

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back