Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small camera + LCD project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a 2.8" LCD
Camera 640x480, display 320x240
Some times I take 2x2=4 pixels and average then to make one pixel on the display. In this case you might only need 2 or 4 lines of buffer assuming you can have the same frame rate. If the frame rate is different then you will need to have a full frame of buffer.

Camera 640x480, display 320x240
Some times I take 2x2=4 pixels and average then to make one pixel on the display. In this case you might only need 2 or 4 lines of buffer assuming you can have the same frame rate. If the frame rate is different then you will need to have a full frame of buffer.
Just ask the camera to scale it for you to CIF. It has its own processor onboard.

Just ask the camera to scale it for you to CIF. It has its own processor onboard.
How does one ask the camera to do this? Does it prefer a "please" or are direct orders more effective?

Ah, that makes more sense. So the uC only needs to store enough to be able to change the framerate and resolution if needed.

So, can I pass the RGB data to an IL9325 or similar display unchanged, then, except needing scaling and appropriate timing?

Data sheep for the CCD says it can be asked to output different formats. I had thought about averaging. It needs to have direct orders, asking nicely just looks unprofessional.
I realised I can do an overlay just passing the data through the micro and change the relevant pixels as they come along. Some of those display modules have a touchscreen too, I guess they just output coordinates so it should be easy to calculate what to change to get a crosshair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back