Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SLA battery charging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

czwalga

Need some quick help.
**broken link removed**

I have that charger... and I have the battery got go along with it. However I have another battery that need charged as well.

**broken link removed**

I'm wondering can I build a circuit to beable to use that charger on the cyclone battery? I can get high watt resistors with no problem. I'm just having trouble finding the specs on what this battery should be charged at? If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. :D

An SLA battery should be charged at 1/10 to 1/20 of the AH rating, so a 5AH battery should be charged at 500mA to 250mA. For the 2 volt battery, you would do well to have a shunt regulator that will prevent overcharging. I think the attached schematic will do that.

You may want to use a pot to adjust the voltage, and use a TO-92 package TL431.

Attachments

• shunt_reg.png
    shunt_reg.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 472
Thanks a lot!

Just one more question; The charger... has a device for overcharging; (the 12v charger). I have high watt resistors to pump the voltage down to about 2.3-2.5 volts.

Would the device on the 12v charger prevent overcharging (has 3 different readings), or would the resistors screw up the readings that it detects to prevent the over charging.

Just a thought, i'm not sure if it would work or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back