Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sinusoidal PWM generation with PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinchang

Hello everyone,

I have posted some questions here in the past and I have received an enormous help from you. I really appreciate it so much. Now, I am having a really bad headache generating SPWM with PIC16F877A.

The method I am trying to use is to use Timer 2 interrupt and sine look up table to gerenate the SPWM in two outputs with different phases (e.g. one is sin, the other cosine, with same frequency).

I have successfully made the PWM of just an arbitrary shape using Timer 2 interrupt. however, the the output needs to be SPWM...

Can any of you experts give me some directions or sample code?

I am using 20MHz crystal and trying to make a code that generates SPWM of 1 Hz ~ 1000 Hz (frequency of the sinusoid) depending on the user input. The user interface part has been done already, and I need to generate the SPWM of the user's input now..

I have tried days to find a good website with that information, but I was not successful yet.

Thank you very much for you help once again!

You going to have trouble using PWM to simulate a sin wave over such a large frequency range as the PWM technique uses low pass filters to average the signal, so either you switch in some other passives at various frequencys or use a simple DAC like 2R ladder with a few opamps ...

At regular intervals use your look up table to stimulate the DAC settings and with an opamp ciruit give it a phase shift of 90 degrees for your cosine signal ! With this method you need only to construct a simple R2 ladder !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back