Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sinusoidal Control of BLDC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the motor configuration?

The various plot photos do not seem to have consistent phase shifts between the outputs - eg. the red & blue one in post 12 is showing different levels but no phase offset at all.

I'd expect the outputs to be either 90 or 120 degrees offset, depending if it's a two phase or three phase motor?

Try the motor with DC power or a battery; I think this should work...

Look at the hall sensors when it's at a rotational position so that one winding is at peak output (where it should be giving maximum torque) and the other(s) either zero or equal lower values - then connect a DC supply to the winding that was at maximum and see how the motor turns. It should rotate to a point the output would have reduced to zero for that phase.

Repeat for the other phase(s).

If they do not pull to an output null point, you have the sensors in the wrong phasing in relations to the outputs or vice-versa.

Thank you for the reply. It is 3 phase motor. Did you get a chance to see the code? I will try what you said. I was using both power source and battery for testing. I need to confirm the phase shift portion you mentioned. I thought it was showing some phase shift, need to confirm it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back