Single axis Solar Tracking System Using parabolic Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

abu-ali

hi everybody
am doing a graduation project about solar tracking system in one axis using parabolic mirror and i stopped these-days in programming micro-controller which control the system !!
i can't know what i need to make the program ??
anybody can help me ??

Have a look at this site

https://www.thebackshed.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4539&PN=1&TPN=3

They may be able to help you.

I suggest that you use a either a photo transistor or a Light Dependent Resistor (LDR) to track the Sun.

Mount it on the mirror frame so it moves with the mirror in a slot so it can only "see" a narrow angle of the sky.

Connect it to the analogue input to the micro controller & write the programme so that it makes the motor move until the light detected is at a maximum.

Better would be to use two LDRs or phototransistors, with a "baffle" placed between them (or in tubes, as you suggest); this way, you could determine which direction to move. Then again, in the trivial example you will only be moving in one direction until end-of-day, but in a more complex scenario, with shadows, clouds, reflections, etc - you may want to be able to move in both directions (also, if you use four sensors, you can implement dual-axis control).

I agree.

2 or 4 sensors would be a better solution.

For example, you don't want the motors to hunt just because a cloud has covered the Sun.

Clouds etc. could be detected by comparing the sensor outputs. If they all change simultaneously, then it must be a cloud or a reflection, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…