Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sine Wave Synthesizer/Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepless

Is there any IC/Chip which can output a sine wave upto 30 MHz.A four pin IC/Chip?I already know about AD9833/AD9850.I want to know except these two which can generate sine wave standalone.

How do you intend to control the frequency? Potentiometer? I assume you've rejected the AD98XX chips because they require a microcontroller interface.

How do you intend to control the frequency? Potentiometer? I assume you've rejected the AD98XX chips because they require a microcontroller interface.
Yes of course i need a chip /IC through in which the external circuitry i fixed a frequency and it work like as stand alone frequency generator.And give me a sine wave output .

I made one of these a while back, it goes to 27mc, not sure if you can get the max038 to go to 30mc or not, but its a start:

I made one of these a while back, it goes to 27mc, not sure if you can get the max038 to go to 30mc or not, but its a start:
It uses a MAX038 which has been out of production for quite a while. If you can find them they're going to be expensive.

Yes it is an obsolete device, you can still get them, theres a few on ebay in china, and a couple here in the uk for 20 quid.
I odnt know if theres anything in production like this still, they tend to be digitally controlled nowadays.
They even sell modules with the chip:

Radio corporation of America, a very large electronics manufacturer.
Might have been an Rca8038, they were popular in the 80's.

IC/Chip which can output a sine wave upto 30 MHz.A four pin IC/Chip?......... can generate sine wave standalone.

There are 100s of "programmable oscillators". They output is square wave so you will have to add a band pass or low pass LC filter to get sine wave.
You insert the oscillator in a programmer, run a program, type in 30mhz and then move it to your board. You can also order them from the factory preprogrammed.

If only a single frequency is needed, then a sine wave is easily achieved with a crystal and a transistor.

If the frequency is to be variable, it's still not clear to me how the OP wants to set it. If it needs to be high precision, then it's going to need something like a keyboard or encoder input, and probably have a digital frequency display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back