Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sine/Cosine wave oscillator IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

naumank

Hi all

I am trying to implement a quadrature demodulator circuit using multiplier ICs, sine/cosine wave oscillators, low pass filters etc. Currently, i am stuck with sine/cosine wave oscillator (or quadrature oscillator) as i am unable to find a suitable IC which can generate pure sine/cosine wave forms from 90 KHz to 500 KHz frequency. Mostly i found Op-amps based circuits used in oscillation mode.

Can any one kindly point me some ICs which can generate sine/cosine wave forms in frequency range of 90 KHz to 500 KHz plz?

Thanks

Perhaps a quadrature oscillator will work for you.
Otherwise you may have to go to a digital frequency synthesizer to get quadrature signals over such a wide frequency range.

Perhaps a quadrature oscillator will work for you.
Otherwise you may have to go to a digital frequency synthesizer to get quadrature signals over such a wide frequency range.

Hi crutschow

Thanks for help. Mostly the quadrature oscillators available are of audio frequency range. By digital frequency synthesizer do you mean Direct Digital Synthesizer (DDS) IC?

A direct digital synthesiser (DDS) such as an AD9850 can be used to generate those frequencies very easily.

To generate the sine and cosine signals, you will need two AD9850, driven from a common clock frequency. Send the tuning word to each chip with the same frequency information, but the second chip should be sent phase information for the 90 degree shift.

JimB

A direct digital synthesiser (DDS) such as an AD9850 can be used to generate those frequencies very easily.

To generate the sine and cosine signals, you will need two AD9850, driven from a common clock frequency. Send the tuning word to each chip with the same frequency information, but the second chip should be sent phase information for the 90 degree shift.

JimB

Hi JimB

Thanks for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back