Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating moon light

Status
Not open for further replies.

justdeserves

Hi,

I am after a circuit that would allow me to simulate the moons 29 day cycle and varying strength.

Anyone got any ideas where to start - I am good at building the circuits, but not designing them.

Any help/designs appreciated I will gather a few more details if anyone can help. please PM me if you can?

Cheer

Chris

I would do this numerically instead of trying to make an analog or dedicated digital circuit. I mean that it would be simple to start with an AVR or PIC development board, perhaps like this one:

SparkFun Electronics - 20 Pin AVR Development Board

and then add outputs to control, well....what kind of output do you want. An image on a PC screen, some lamps or what? Anyway, you add the lamps or whatever to this development board. Then you code a simple program that supports an internal real time clock and modulates the lamp intensity using that clock and a calender table. You can use C, or Basic or other language to code the program, and you can build your own programmer for less than $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back