Simulating moon light

Status
Not open for further replies.

justdeserves

Hi,

I am after a circuit that would allow me to simulate the moons 29 day cycle and varying strength.

Anyone got any ideas where to start - I am good at building the circuits, but not designing them.

Any help/designs appreciated I will gather a few more details if anyone can help. please PM me if you can?

Cheer

Chris

I would do this numerically instead of trying to make an analog or dedicated digital circuit. I mean that it would be simple to start with an AVR or PIC development board, perhaps like this one:

SparkFun Electronics - 20 Pin AVR Development Board

and then add outputs to control, well....what kind of output do you want. An image on a PC screen, some lamps or what? Anyway, you add the lamps or whatever to this development board. Then you code a simple program that supports an internal real time clock and modulates the lamp intensity using that clock and a calender table. You can use C, or Basic or other language to code the program, and you can build your own programmer for less than $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…