Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating a monostable

Status
Not open for further replies.

alec_t

Most Helpful Member
It's easy enough to model monostable action using e.g. a CD4000 series monostable model, or logic gate models etc, but these all involve external R and C.
Is it possible to use just a behavioral (or standard) voltage source instead, with trigger instant and period both set by parameters? I've faffed around with a bvs but can't come up with a suitable formula to get from it, for example, a voltage which goes low for a period T in response to the falling edge of some other signal.

Are you using LTSpice? If so, read the help file on the Behavioral Source, specifically the function:absdelay(x,t[,tmax]) x delayed by t.

Yes, LTSpice (sorry; thought everyone here was using LTSpice :D). Read that. That's what I was faffing with. It just delays an input waveform rather than start a pulse in response to a falling edge of the waveform. So no joy so far. Maybe that function can be tweaked, but I haven't yet found how. But thanks anyway MikeMl.

Well if you combine that with an RS latch, you might get what you wanted.
Remember that this is how a 555 monostable works. Also you might want the latch with priority on one of the inputs in case there is a long control impulse.

Last edited:
Thanks, kubeek. That gives me another way to cobble together something. I was hoping to avoid multiple devices and to use only a single LTS parameterised voltage source. Looks like that's not going to be doable.

Here's a start (unless you've already been this far already). Note that the input pulse must be wider than the output (param PW). I know that's not good, but it's as far as I got.
Also, I see no way to control output transition times in a B element.

Note that the input pulse amplitude may be anything (I think it has to be constant (flat). The output will swing between 0V and Vhigh.

it's as far as I got
...and further than I got.:)
That looks handy in many situations. Thanks Roff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back