Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulated Lighthouse Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin094

I am currently trying to put a slow flashing light in the top of a small wodden light house. I am having trouble deciding on how I want to control the light. I origanally was going to use a simple triangle wave oscillator feeding a small amplifier but I am having a hard time getting the circuit to oscilate at less then 10Hz.

The bulb that is being driven is a 3V flashlight bulb. The oscillator was made up of two opamps but I don't think that it will oscilate at a low frequency. The supply voltage will be 3 to 6 volts depending on power usage.

The desired effect is to have the light slowly fade on and off to simulate the light in an actual light house. I guess the frequency would be about one cycle per 5 seconds or so.

If anyone has some ideas on how I can make a low frequency oscillator or if you have any other methods for driving the light I would be very thankful.

Try using a 555 osc/timer IC as the input driver to the amp. You can get a slowly ramping voltage from a 555 timer by tapping off the timing capacitor at pins 2 & 6 ( astable mode). You can leave pin 3 un-used or just connect it to an LED as a monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back