Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simplifying boolean expression

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant9985

hi, is there anyone that can simplify this boolean expression algebraically?

PG'CK + PGCK' + PGCK

i know how to simplify some expressions but this on im real stuck on :?
Changing it to PC(G'K+GK'+GK) is about as far as i can get really, any help would be appreciated, thnx

well think about it... the term in parentheses is true if GK=01, 10, or 11... so in other words it is true if EITHER of G and K are true. so it should reduce to just (G+K)

So the whole thing is PC(G+K)

Boolean simplification

PC(G'K+GK'+GK) ...

if I add another set of brackets and swap the order of the last two terms around ...
PC(G'K+GK'+GK)
PC((G'K+GK)+GK')
is that implying that G is a 'don't care' ?

you can do the same thing with K. simply put the GK term in there twice (doesn't change anything)... then you end up with ((G'K+GK)+(GK+GK')) which makes G a don't care for the first expression, and K a don't care for the second... in other words the whole thing is (K+G) like i said before.

Here is another solution

PG'CK + PGCK' + PGCK
PG’CK + PGC(K’ + K)
PG’CK + PGC
PC(G’K + G) ; G’K + G = G + K
PC(G + K)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back