Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple thermostat circuit to control seed propagator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jules

I have a heated propagator inside a greenhouse to aid seed germination (5Watt 240V). There is no way of controlling its temp. I need a simple thermistor thermostat circuit to switch heating on when air temp falls in evening, and switch heating off when air temp rises. I want to run this circuit from a simple capacitative mains dropper power supply, so it doesn't need transformer or batteries.
Any help please? Thanks

thermostat for propagator

Very little space or cash for transformer. I do have a lot of mains dropper caps though. I was thinking of a Triac to conrol the mains supply.
Any ideas?

Have a look at , the 'Auto-Fan' should do what you want.

But, in my opinion, if you have to ask for something as simple as a thermostat you shouldn't be messing with live mains and capacitive droppers!.

Pardon me can i ask ,re that fan circuit. could you take the relay
out and directly control a PC Fan? the one i have is rated as;
12VDC
input current 0.08A
power 0.69W
if i changed R1, P1 and TH1 round would it then work in reverse. (if its hot it turns on, when its cool it turns off)

Regards

Fenris

Attachments

• auto fan.JPG
    auto fan.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 4,130
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back