Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Square wave oscillator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firnagzen

Could someone reccomend a really simple square wave generator that'll work down to about 1.9v? Or will I have to rely on the good ol' astable multivibrator?

Also, could someone reccomend me a common NPN transistor capable of standing up to 1A with the lowest possible Vce(sat)?

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot to mention, and was just about to when I called up this topic and you had already replied.

Alright, I need something to replace the Schmitt inverter based oscillator in this circuit: **broken link removed**

That, I think, should be sufficient, right?

Thanks.

Firnagzen said:
Sorry, I forgot to mention, and was just about to when I called up this topic and you had already replied.

Alright, I need something to replace the Schmitt inverter based oscillator in this circuit: **broken link removed**

That, I think, should be sufficient, right?

Thanks.
hi,
If you want to drive an LED with a 'semi-flat' 1.5Vbty, Google for: 'Joule Thief'

How about using a switching regulator to convert your 1.9V supply to a more sensible voltage?

As for low saturation voltage transistors, try any of the following:
ZXTN19020CFF
ZXTN25020CFH
ZTX869

Care to post the solution?

I would use a 74HC00 to make an astable mult-vibrator, the IC is guaranteed to work at 2V but most will probably work down to 1.9V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back