Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple signal generator using ltc1799

Status
Not open for further replies.

natek83

I'm looking at building a simple signal generator using the ltc1799 chip. It will be used to drive square waves into my custom headphone amp and then to an oscilloscope in order to check the stability of the amp's opamps and find optimal resistor and capacitor values. The basic circuit seems pretty simple and I can get it setup quickly on a breadboard. The datasheet however says:
OUT (Pin 5): Oscillator Output. This pin can drive 5kΩ
and/or 10pF loads. Larger loads may cause inaccuracies
due to supply bounce at high frequencies. Transients will
not cause latchup if the current into/out of the OUT pin is
limited to 50mA.
Does a larger load mean an impedance lower than 5k? My amp's impedance is higher than 5k.

Confusing wording, but larger almost certainly refers to current being drawn by the load, so if the load is =>5K then it meets spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back