Simple remote control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tydude

I was thinking about how to make a simple remote control for a project that I am making when I came up with this idea. Could I use the guts from a RC car and a transistor to control my project? I would hook up the base of the transistor to the wire that sends + voltage to the motor, so that when I pressed forward on the car's remote control is would close the transistor and complete the circuit. I just want to know if this will work and if anyone has done it before, it seems pretty simple to me but I want to be sure this works before hacking up a RC car.

Yeah, that would be a cinch. You will just have to use current limiting resistors because the motor voltage would probably fry the transistor.

Or you could use a relay to make things even simpler, and if the device that you want to control is high power, you wouldn't have to worry about using power transistors.

could u help me out in this...
i need to transmit a single bit data wirelessly...
jus want to make a remote control robo with any range, hardly 6 control switches... i don want to break a toy and use it{its restricted in the competition i m participating in}...
so please suggest some circuit to transmit bits wirelessly

Search google for "RF module". They are tiny radio modules with a rock-solid frequency lock for transmitting digital data. They are so simple to use that you could literally invision the transmitter and receiver as a long wire.

Best of all they're dirt cheap :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…