Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple remote control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tydude

I was thinking about how to make a simple remote control for a project that I am making when I came up with this idea. Could I use the guts from a RC car and a transistor to control my project? I would hook up the base of the transistor to the wire that sends + voltage to the motor, so that when I pressed forward on the car's remote control is would close the transistor and complete the circuit. I just want to know if this will work and if anyone has done it before, it seems pretty simple to me but I want to be sure this works before hacking up a RC car.

Yeah, that would be a cinch. You will just have to use current limiting resistors because the motor voltage would probably fry the transistor.

Or you could use a relay to make things even simpler, and if the device that you want to control is high power, you wouldn't have to worry about using power transistors.

could u help me out in this...
i need to transmit a single bit data wirelessly...
jus want to make a remote control robo with any range, hardly 6 control switches... i don want to break a toy and use it{its restricted in the competition i m participating in}...
so please suggest some circuit to transmit bits wirelessly

Search google for "RF module". They are tiny radio modules with a rock-solid frequency lock for transmitting digital data. They are so simple to use that you could literally invision the transmitter and receiver as a long wire.

Best of all they're dirt cheap :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back