Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple question.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

yc_2

Can someone tell me
1)Different between cdma and wcdma?
2)What is front-end analog and backend digital?

yc_2

I think I can answer your cdma and wcdma question!

CDMA means Code Division Multiple Access. It's a cellular technology a bit like GSM and. So it’s for IP applications over the mobile phone networks, that sort of thing. It was originally called IS-95. It’s a protocol thing like RS232, not an actual piece of code or a product.

As for WCDMA, this is a new version of CDMA and stands for Wideband Code Division Multiple Access. It a 3G wireless technology and is capable of achieving 2 Mpbs with voice, image and other data transmission. It’s basically a lot better than CDMA and is used in 3G phones. Its official title is IMT-2000 Direct Spread.

I hope this was of some help to you.

Thank for your reply. I would like to know more about CDMA! CDMA also use in wireless application by using spread spectrum technology, right? But how CDMA can be use in wireless application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back