Simple Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckfoo

I previously posted the question "Q?????" I guess I wasn't clear. I just want to know what "Q" stands for in electronics. I've been a technician for four years now so I forgot alot of things from school. So something simple like "Q" = ??? is not something I can remember. I've been lazy over the years but now I want to really learn what I should alredy remeber because my skills have stopped from going any higher. I think "Q" equals gain in a mosfet or something like that but I just don't know. I acually want to strive to be more like an engineer and I have a long way to go. But what better time to atart than now. Is there a site you uys use to reference formulas you forgot or acronym references. I work on Siemens Medical Patient Monitors like the SC7000 and I am having boot/ download problems that I can't solve so it's ("it is" ron and pebe) really irretating to know that a little knowledge I should alredy know is keeping be from being the best. So scholars...... what, please, does Q mean.

q is an electronic charge, expressed in Coulombs (C)

The constant for q =
q = 1.602 x 10-19 Coulomb

Q also stands for quality factor in an inductor. In a series RL circuit, Q is the inductive reactance XL divided by the resistance: Q=XL/Rs.
In a parallel RL circuit, Q is the resistance divided by the inductive reactance: Q=Rp/XL
Where XL=2*pi*F*L, where F is frequency, L is the inductance, and pi=3.1416.
In a parallel resonant LC circuit, Q is the center frequency divided by the -3dB bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…