Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple project

Status
Not open for further replies.

st1f1

Hello, i was wondering if anyone could help me with this. Some time ago my old keyboard stopped working. yesterday i decided to take it apart. inside was that plastic foil with printed circuit, you know..looks really cool to me so i decided to make something like a poster from it. i noticed that if i plugged batteries to the chip of the keyboard, the caps lock, num lock and scroll lock leds started blinking. so i thought of adding this on the wall also. i added this circuit Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories - A Simple and Cheap Dark-Detecting LED Circuit so id would blink when it's dark. now here's the problem.. i'd like to power the circuit with old 9v batteries, but then it must be really bright for the leds to stop blinking. would it be enough just to change the resistor or would it require some additional parts? thank you

Try increasing the resistor to 3k3.

Also I think the keyboard is designed to work from 5V and I'm not sure how long it will last run from a 9V battery.

thank you for your reply. i changed the resistor with 3,3k one, it's a bit better thanks =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back