Simple LED flaher circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

markland556

Well im back again. After a long time of working and being wrapped up in my life. Im looking to get this circuit put together. I have the idea in my head, but not really sure how to do it. I think a PIC is going to be the best way.

What im looking to do is have 4 groups of 8 LED's. 2 groups will blink 3 times then the other group's will blink 3 times, and then all LED's blink 3 times but a bit slower.

I am a little lost on how to go about this.. I dont have any PIC experience so my knowledge seems a bit low for a project like this.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is this a warning light?

A pic certinly would be the simplest route. You will need to buy or make a programmer. I use the PicKit 2. Its a bit of an investment, but worth it if you hav a desire to learn to play with pics. I also have the original Inchworm from Blueroom electronics. It worked great until it got damaged in a box when I moves this past summer.

Blinking LEDs is pretty easy with a pic. Even I can do it.

Give Nigels PIC Tutorials a look.

You pretty much can modify parts of Tutorial 1 to do exactly what you want.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I have looked at his tutorials before, I actually had production PCBs made off his designs. I think i have 2 or 3 of a few of his boards because I was very interested in learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…