Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Lead Acid Float Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
These shunt chargers have been talked about a lot. I just wanted to pass this schematic by and see if any mistakes, before soldering it up. The battery is a 12V flooded lead acid, 65ah deep cycle marine. Namely this is a band aid, so as to not boil out the water, until something more sophisticated is developed.

simple_float_charger.jpg

Went ahead and breadboarded it, good thing, as the R1, R2 resister divider values were backward. Also the output from the TL431 cathode was opposite from what I thought, so an inverter circuit was added.

simple_float_charger4.jpg

there are 12V float chargers everywhere, but i want to build a 24V charger. please give me the schematic

The TL431 is an adjustable precision shunt regulator. Apply the formula, from the above schematic, to get your required charge voltage. The Vout or charge voltage can vary from Vref - 36V, and is set by R1 and R2. If you have a 24V rated panel then it should work. If you want something driven from the mains supply, look elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back