Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple home automation system

Status
Not open for further replies.

caner

hi,
Describe the design of a simple home automation system. The required functionalities of the system are:
- Temperature and ventilation control
- Lighting control
It should be possible for the user to set some parameters of the system like required temperature, humidity or time at which the electric light should be reduced or turn on/off in a particular room and at selected time. Also an automated mode should be provided in which the system adjusts conditions according to the number of people in a room and the day time. The system should be connected to the Internet network to provide the remote control functionality for the user.
Design the structure of the system, select components and sketch the structure of the system software.

I dont know how to do it.Can you help me about this topic.
thank you,

Welcome to ETO, caner!

You might want to start by googling "simple home automation system": tons of products and gadgets that will, at least, give you some ideas of what's available commercially and their cost.

If your intent is to design and make your own system, you might want to reconsider that once you've seen what is involved.

Then let us know what you've found.

design of a simple home automation system.
The system should be connected to the Internet network to provide the remote control functionality for the user.
Simple? and connect to internet? How about not simple.
Is this home work?
CowBoyBob is right. Search for "home automation".

We don't do homework/assignments for you, although we can provide pointers. What have you come up with so far? Which part of the assignment are you having a problem with?

Before you can understand home-automation projects, you should get familiar with digital circuits like logic gates. Then you can pick a mcu and get familiar with its architectures and learn a programming language for the mcu. After you master the mcu you can start to design simple home-automation system based on the mcu you just learned.

If you're really smart. that might take you 1 or 2 years.

Why not do an intruder alarm system. I think it is simpler than the home-automation. I have a book on home automation using an Apple II called "Apple Home". But I only read through it but never actually did it.

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back