Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Silent Security System sending SMS Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

nenayd

we plan to build this project but when we proposed it to our design project committee some of them screwd us :( , he added a feature of door lock code authentication that can store at least 10 user ( administrator and a default user ) without interfacing reader device just use an ID #'s and a pin code for it no barcode reader or any such thing attach.

can any one help us to do this possible? we plan to use pic microchip

Hey can u clarify things a little?
Storing users codes with the PIC's built in EEPROM shouldn't be a problem.
But what i don't understand is how the user ID numbers are input? Numeric Keypad?

As for SMS i assuming u mean Short Message Service Text messages. As to how to send these would depend on the application, you could include a modem and use a "message center" you dial up and then send the text in ASCII form, these i have found (in the UK any way) to be expensive, VERY.
Another alternative might be to interface it to a computer that has an internet connection, there are no shortage of online SMS companys that will allow you just to post the information in HTTP 1.1 some for free :).

If you want paid work at student prices feal free to private message me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back