Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

signal generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi

The following is the snap of a frequency generator or signal generator:
https://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4708/freqgenerator.jpg

At the top it says 0.2 hz - 2 mhz . One mark on the dial marks 0 .05 (0.05 x 4= 0. 2). On the dial this has markings right side also (in clockwise direction). There are 8 markings (starting from 0) on right side of 0.2 , does this mean every marking stand for 0. 025? As someone has told me that the value on dial is multiplied with the set frequency to get required frequency. If frequency set is 1 khz and I have 0.5 on dial , then resulting frequency will be 500 hz . Correct? But as you see there are markings smaller than 0.2, so it is possible to get frequency smaller than 0.2hz (1 hz x (any value on the dial smaller than 0.2). That means frequency generator can produce frequencies lower than 0.2 hz , then why does it say at the top that it can produce frequencies from 0.2 hz -2 mhz? Please tell me .

What is function of "Pulse Out " and "VCF"?

What is function of "DC OFFSET " and "SYMMETRY"?

What is function of "20dB " and "INV"?

I am much grateful for your help. Thanks.

"20db" cuts the output down by 20db. 1/10
"INV" inverts the output--------_------- now looks like_________-_______
Frequency range question: Probably it can make 0.2hz to 2mhz with good distortion. It can make a slightly larger range but can not meet some specification.
DC offset; if offset o= then a sign wave of 2V peak to peak will give you -1V to +1V. With an offset of 5 volts it will give you 5V to 6V.
"Pulse out" is a output that normally you can not set the voltage. (fixed at 5 volts or 1 volt) It is square or sign it is just a pulse at the same frequency at the main output.

"VFC" I do not know on this unite. On another signal generator it is a Voltage in to control the frequency. Putting in 0 to 10 volts has the same effect as turning the frequency know form one end to the other. It is used to make F.M. ( frequency modulation )

"VFC" I do not know on this unite. On another signal generator it is a Voltage in to control the frequency. Putting in 0 to 10 volts has the same effect as turning the frequency know form one end to the other. It is used to make F.M. ( frequency modulation )
The "flyer" for this unit says that VCF is indeed the frequency control voltage. Zero to 10V yields frequency change of ≈1000:1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back