Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shunt Regulator Amperage Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benito

Hello,
I am trying to make an amplifier with the TL431 adjustable shunt regulator but the max current that it can sink is 100mA. I was wondering if there was some way to use more than one regulator to increase that number. I was thinking that it could be possible to stack the regulators.
Any answer is appreciated!
Thank you.

If you look on page 6 of the data sheet (it's amazing what you can find in a data sheet) you'll see a schematic for a High Current Shunt Regulator (Figure 12).

Thanks!

Thank you crutschow!
How stupid of me! I'll be more careful next time to read the whole datasheet before asking questions.

Arigatou!

I would say stupid is a little too strong a term to use. I've seen numerous questions on this site and others about using a device whose answer is in the data sheet. Data sheets are great sources of information that many people apparently do not read when trying to use a device. Perhaps they are intimidated by some of the terms they don't understand (which sometimes are a little cryptic, I know). It's somewhat of a mystery to me.

The reason why it was so stupid was because I had downloaded the datasheet but just hadn't read through it...

I got the device working(Huzzah!)
Thanks for the tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back