Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Showering Arc Noise Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
The expression "showering arc noise generator" does not make any sense.

Where did you find this thing?
Can you post a picture of it?

JimB

Curiosity got me. Post #9 might give a better idea here:

It was homemade by a company that manufactures rail road track maintenance equipment, at the time they used quite a few circuit boards and other rather obscure electronic do dads and gizmos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 204
Well, I think that I have learned something today.

Look here:
and have a read about EMC Fast Transient Burst testing.

In the dim and distant past, when I had to do some EMC testing as part of my day job, Fast Transients was a test which caused quite a few problems for some of out older equipment.

I had not seen the expression "showering arc" before today but it seems to be used to describe the arc which is produced when switch contacts are made/broken.

So, now you have some idea what it is used for, but what you can do with it? Who knows?
Rip out the insides and build something useful into the case maybe?

JimB

Might be Ok for testing Afdd's.
Arc flash detection devices, which are being made mandatory for certain electrical installations here in the Uk.
Does it have any interesting gizmo's inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back