Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Show us your crazy projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all I never built it I have seen it and he has been on tv before showing what he made. It wasn't exactly just by him self, the place he works at built him but he was one of the main member that built it. He has a lot of crazy projects like I mean really crazy. He is my partner in robotic competition and he has a lot of knowledge.

He works at this place

www.thecrucible.org

He is the kinectics teacher there I think adavanced and last year he was the electronics teacher.

Plus that place is where we make are robots for the competition.
Any tool you could think of is there and more then one. You could even do metal molds and they have a black smith room there although never used it.

I don't goto that school, I just build are competition robots there because there are a end-less supply of tools there well not endless but you know what I mean.

some good projects here.
I like the speaker ball project, i'll have to try that sometime :lol:

Anyway, i havn't realy done any projects, although i have put a speaker amp in a 5.25" bay in my computer and put 2 jacks in a spare pci slot and i have a switch to change between them.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

MrMikey83 said:
SOmeone has to manually load the t-shirts and use the big stick to push them to the bottom of the barrel. Any ideas on automating this process?
~Mike

]

You could fit a vacuum pump and a receiver tank. Opening a ball valve would dump the tank's vacuum into the barrel, dragging down the T-shirt that was stuffed into the barrel mouth. Or you could convert the barrels to breech loading. Or.... :wink:

MrMikey83 said:
We have an auto loader to shoot small rubber basketballs at the ball games but so far we have been unable to find a ball with the correct diameter that wont allow too much air to flow around it.

Wow, I wish my school had a class like that...
anyhoo, if you take a golf ball and remove the white dimpley stuff (depending on the ball) there should be a solid rubber ball inside. perfect size for 1.5" pvc.
careful though those things really fly.

Why not inflate a baloon so it just slips down the barrel then when it fires a near perfect seal will ensure a powerfull shot, another idea is use a bit of cardboard the same diameter as the barrel but unless it is pushed in evenly it will skew sideways.

Cheers Bryan :D

bryan1 said:
Why not inflate a baloon so it just slips down the barrel then when it fires a near perfect seal will ensure a powerfull shot, another idea is use a bit of cardboard the same diameter as the barrel but unless it is pushed in evenly it will skew sideways.

You'd have to "inflate" it with water to give it some mass to be accelerated. A thin rubber membrane full of air has little mass and will loose any momentum quickly due to drag friction once clear of the barrel.

Klaus

Klaus said:
bryan1 said:

You'd have to "inflate" it with water to give it some mass to be accelerated. A thin rubber membrane full of air has little mass and will loose any momentum quickly due to drag friction once clear of the barrel.

Klaus

Eh Klaus,
The idea behind the baloon was to give the T-shirt more power and with only air in the baloon it wouldn't fly very far and thus not be a safety concern.

Build a bigger cannon.

Then, sand down a piece of PVC that's the same size of the barrel, sand down the endcaps, shove the t-shirt inside, and injure some people. :twisted:

It would seal well...

your so youthful sometimes audioguru :lol:

Mouse balls wouldn't work that well, usually they are a steel ball with a coating of rubber on the outside. oh wait unless your thinking of killing maming people.

Ice bullets work well!!, and they come straight out of your tap. Just cut a small portion off the barrel to make a perfect mould for the ice bullet. NB: these are just as deadly as the steel mouse balls. But if you did kill someone, the projectile would just melt and evaporate. No evidence for the cops!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back