Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Should 16F84 LCD code work on 16F818?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post. Seems the forum is very active, so I'm looking forward to participating.

I found my original problem with the LCD not working, so I have edited this post.

One problem remains, however. The program works flawlessly on a 16F84a, but strangely enough it seems that every few lines of display the LCD starts displaying jibberish and other times it gives the right text display, but pushes the words to the right when it should be starting at the top left. For whatever reason, it seems to behave less erratically (though still erratically with my voltmeter on RB2 (display enable). Not sure why. Any help on that one?

Last edited:
You haven't supplied much to go on but I would guess you haven't turned off the analogue function. Write 0x06 to ADCON1 to make the pins all digital. If that doesn't work then post the code.

Edit, it could also be a timing problem. If you are using the internal 8MHz clock then you may have to increase any delays by a factor of 2 or change the clock speed (OSCON=0x60).

Mike.

Last edited:
Thank you for the help. The problem has been resolved. I think one spot in my breadboard must have been defective because I moved the entire setup and it began working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back