Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Short circuit in home wiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My professional opion would have to be have a fixed wire test done, which incorporates all the breakers tested for performance and earth bonds etc.

Your plan of action sounds reasonable.

My professional opion would have to be have a fixed wire test done, which incorporates all the breakers tested for performance and earth bonds etc.

Your plan of action sounds reasonable.

okay ill see if the electricians out here know what that means! :p

After reading through this, one of the posts suggested to me that the monitor can't handle the switch from mains to UPS power. There may be a few cycles of dropout that causes the monitor to reset.

If, that's hte case the solutions are:
1. replace the monitor
2. Replace the UPS to a constant on variety. i.e The devices always run on synthesized power
3. Try a constant voltage transformer. These device do change the waveform to somewhat of a square wave, but they generally will help with slight sags. They are large, ugly and EXPENSIVE. So ebay would be a good source. **broken link removed**

After reading through this, one of the posts suggested to me that the monitor can't handle the switch from mains to UPS power. There may be a few cycles of dropout that causes the monitor to reset.

If, that's hte case the solutions are:
1. replace the monitor
2. Replace the UPS to a constant on variety. i.e The devices always run on synthesized power
3. Try a constant voltage transformer. These device do change the waveform to somewhat of a square wave, but they generally will help with slight sags. They are large, ugly and EXPENSIVE. So ebay would be a good source. **broken link removed**

replacing the LED monitor with a CCFL/CRT monitor definitely worked. i'll leave it at that for now till i use some other LED monitor and this issue shows up again because i cant work on this issue without the LED monitor as there are no issues without it.

Sorry but all this sounds frightening to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back