Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shooting a ball over a wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiousity, were the maximum dimensions of your robot for before competion begins, or after deployment and full operation? Can arms and stuff unfold or expand past the initial limits in size? If you keep balls from coming over the wall in the first place, would that cut your work in half? And to win, you would only need to get one of your own balls over the wall?

I don't remember if you gave any specifics on the arena except the height of the wall.

arena is 2mx3m and diveided in 2 wia that wall. outer walls are 20cm high. Bot can unfold himself but it's size must be in 50x50cm (so cant unfold over the whole area).

Marks. this can idea is what i thought myself the other day but will i get enough air out of it to shoot the ball for 2m (this is the range i need to get this project going...)

In theory. Make sure the PVC pipe is fairly tight around the projectile. Please forgive me, but i didn't read the whole tread, so what is the projectile, exactly? And about how heavy?

Marks256 said:
In theory. Make sure the PVC pipe is fairly tight around the projectile. Please forgive me, but i didn't read the whole tread, so what is the projectile, exactly? And about how heavy?

It's a squash ball - I suspect it's too heavy for an aerosol can?, but a table tennis ball would be OK.

Oh, i thought they were using a ping-pong ball. Then i guess it may or may not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back