Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Share your Wallpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikebits

For some reason, I like having a nice wall paper on my PC, I will share my latest one. What cool image set the backdrop of your puter while you bang away on your keyboard?

Grand Canyon

View attachment 62794

I use a solid black on my Win7.

Really MisterT? How drab!

I use images from this site, which is unfortunately not longer being updated but stands as an archive. The generate some absoultly beautiful fractals and add tutorials for some post processing. About 1/4 of all the images on that site have been my desktop background. It's generally a fractal or a high resolution hubble image, or similar types of images.

I have dual monitors now, haven't gotten them setup with a decent background yet but as they're not color matched anyways I think the top one is going to be photo's of family/friends and the bottom one will be whatever fractals I can dig up.

Pat M that upper scene reminds me of what I used to create using Bryce software. Haven't done it for years but you could make some really cool landscapes and seascapes.

Ron

I have an appreciation for the macabre, but it's not something I care to put on my desktop in common view.
I wonder if it would change my mood at all if I changed my common desktop to something like that. Got a link to a 1440x900 that is 'dark' but not outright offensive? The one you posted is probably one notch into the grey area between gross and art, on which side you can decide.

Really MisterT? How drab!

:) My bank said that I can customize the look of my credit card.. I told them to make it solid black.
My ringtone is "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones.

Last edited:
:) My bank said that I can customize the look of my credit card.. I told them to make it solid black.
My ringtone is "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones.

Why not make your avatar black as well?

Yeah those images are nice pat, they do remind me of Bryce as well. Even the link Sced provided landscapes look like Bryce.

Pat, do you have link for where you get those images?

Thanks

Yeah those images are nice pat, they do remind me of Bryce as well. Even the link Sced provided landscapes look like Bryce.

Pat, do you have link for where you get those images?

Thanks

I can't remember the source.
It must have been about 2 years ago.
It may have been at the https://forum.eeeuser.com/
I seem to remember a thread about wallpaper there.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion if anyone is interested in new backgrounds. Google Image search is FANTASTIC, you can set the image size constraints to the resolution of your monitor (for cleanest possible image) and search for anything you want.

I have a separate folder for Switzerland wallpapers in MyPictures as my favourite. They're just awesome!

Current one is Versam village church.

btw, the british and american spelling difference and the default mode is killing me a lot :mad:

Mine is an accidental find. Sunlight, through a prism sitting on a window sill, through a cut glass bowl, onto a sheet of white paper on a table. Odd that the paper looked black in the photo. It had lots of variations over time.

Ken

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back