Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SFT337 equivalent request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shavo

Well, i'm trying to replicate a VOX GUITAR FUZZ from 1969, and i saw that there's 2 germanium transistors, and i'm not able to find them or their equivalents in my town. The transistors are: SFT337 and SFT363e.
I'll thank if anyone can tell me the Silicium equivalent. That way, i may be able to buy it here, hehe.
Thanks a lot anyway. Bye

Shavo said:
Well, i'm trying to replicate a VOX GUITAR FUZZ from 1969, and i saw that there's 2 germanium transistors, and i'm not able to find them or their equivalents in my town. The transistors are: SFT337 and SFT363e.
I'll thank if anyone can tell me the Silicium equivalent. That way, i may be able to buy it here, hehe.
Thanks a lot anyway. Bye

The SFT337 can be replaced by, AC125/126/151

The SFT363e by AC127/176/187 if you can find them

There is no electrical equivalent device in silicon for germanium!

Thanks

Well... Thanks a lot for the answer. Tomorrow, i'll try to find the transstors. Thanks again...
And... please forgive my unknowledge... :wink: I'm 17, and i'm REALLY an Electronics Newbie, hehehe... If I can' find the transistors, i'll tell you. Bye

Thanks a lot anyway. Bye

Better not replace germanium by silicon. It might (will?) have a bad influence on the sound since the characteristics of the transistors are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back