Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

seven segment help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokira247

i don't know what resistors or voltage to use with this seven segment
**broken link removed**

no details is provided with it and i can't find any data sheet
can anyone help me find it?

on the display written

pa6 wlg and d23012a/b(e)

I would try adding a resistor (say 500Ω) in series with one of the segments and slowly increase the voltage until you get the desired brightness. Then measure the voltage across the resistor and calculate the current (or connect an ammeter in series with the resistor to find the current). I expect it will be somewhere around 10-20mA. From that you can calculate the required resistor value for the voltage supply you have.

If you go too high in current the brightness will seem to stop increasing with current. At that point you would be overdriving the LED.

Hi!
Maybe this info is of no use since it's a long time question was raised but I've bought same 7 seg displays on ebay and here are some info
Common Cathode
Size: 2.3'' (69.70mm*47.80mm*12mm)
Forward Voltage: 7.5V
Forward Current: 5-10mA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back